Feed Wrangler is a simple plugin that allows one to create custom feeds for their WordPress blog. You can customize the structure of that feed by creating a corresponding file in your blog theme, otherwise the custom feed will default to your RSS2 feed.
Some possible use cases:
- You want a custom URL to access a feed by (i.e. “/feed/misterspecialfeed” )
- You want some feeds to bypass Feedburner redirect.
- A sponsor asks you to place an ad in your feed
- You need a clean, ad-free feed to provide a partner (see Amazon Kindle), that doesn’t go through FeedBurner or is customized in any way.
- You prefer adding and editing feeds in a way more analogous to Movable Type